This is the abridged version of my CV/resume. A complete version (which includes necessary personal information) is available upon request to potential employers.
Indiana University Kokomo, Kokomo, IN,
Bachelor of Science, New Media Communication (Graphic Design Concentration), May 2017
Coursework: Graphic Design; Identity Design & Branding; Graphic Design Production & Practice; Publication & Editorial Design; Digital Media (photo compositing, videography/filmmaking, photography); Digital Illustration; Traditional Media (Drawing/Painting); Creative & Fiction Writing; Radio Broadcasting (Programming, Station Management, Audio Production); Sound Design; Web Design; Social Entrepreneurship Exploration.
Social Entrepreneurship Exploration - September 2016-May2017: Participation in the first IUK Social Entrepreneurship Exploration program, which enrolled 10 students nominated by university faculty; the program explored building social enterprises in the context of taking on the Hult Prize and Clinton Foundation Challenge for 2017 ("Reawakening Human Potential") and included 10 days in England to meet with and learn from social entrepreneurs and innovators.
IUK Design Center - Spring Semester 2015 & 2016: The Design Center was part of the coursework for the Graphic Design Production & Practice course at IUK. Instead of doing strictly theoretical design work, students in the course worked with actual clients in our local community, doing not-for-profit design work. Work included doing graphic design, publication layout, videography, photography, and consultation for clients such as Tipton Community School Corporation, the local Family Services Association, Jackson Street Commons (a homeless veteran's shelter), The United Way of Howard County, the Kokomo Art Association, and The Greater Kokomo Economic Development Alliance.
Photographer - September 2017-Present
Indiana University Kokomo, Kokomo, IN
Photographer for Indiana University Kokomo's Media & Marketing Dept.
Freelance Photographer, Designer, Videographer, Artist - 2015-Present
Self-employed, The Stormworks, Amboy, IN
The Stormworks is the personal brand that I have been developing and doing photo, video, art, and design projects under. Aside from various photo, video, art, and design projects, under The Stormworks I have also launched and run a full internet radio station (now a podcast), The Forge, and have developed the Nova Vox Media imprint under which I do non-profit humanitarian/social awareness work.
Student Radio Station Manager/Program Director/On-Air DJ - September 2013 - May 2015
Radio Free Kokomo at Indiana University Kokomo, Kokomo, IN
Duties and Responsibilities: On air live broadcasting; on air programming development & scheduling; recruitment & training of new staff; music acquisition; social media networking, management, and marketing; station budget planning; MC campus events.
Corrections Officer - June 2005 - February 2013
Miami Correctional Facility (Indiana Department of Corrections), Bunker Hill, IN
Duties & Responsibilities: Management, safety, and security of prison population; conflict de-escalation and resolution; field training officer; personal protection instructor; security skills instructor; transportation officer; firearms qualification; personnel and area searches; facility first responder.
Projects, Publications, & Releases
- "Salem's Childe - Prometheus" (music video), August 2017
- Project 22 (photo and video), June 2017-present (ongoing)
- "Salem's Childe - Paradise Lost" (lyric video), March 2017
- "Left Realm Tattoo Company" (short film: documentary), December 2016
- "Salem's Childe - Trinity" (music video), November 2016
- "Salem's Childe - Paradise Lost" (record), September 2016 (co-writer, producer, musician)
- "Only Human: The Performance of Production" (short film: documentary), April 2016
- "Rook," Midian Unmade: Tales of Clive Barker's Nightbreed, Tor Books, July 2015
- "The Muse," Sanitarium Magazine #2, Eye Trauma Press, October 2012
- "From Many, One," Sorcery, Steam & Steel: A SteamGoth Anthology, Baird Publishing, October 2012
Exhibitions & Presentations
- July 2017 - "What Is My Why", 365 Balance, Kokomo, IN; presentation and speaking invitation for the -22- project
- June 2017 - "Best Of" Show, IUK Union Street Gallery, Kokomo, IN; 2 pieces (photography)
- Apr-May 2017 - IUK Senior Art Show, Indiana University Kokomo, Kokomo, IN; 3 pieces (photography)
- Oct 2016-Feb 2017 - Local Artist's Corner, Fortune Management, Kokomo, IN; multiple pieces, mixed media
- Photo Editing & Compositing
- Graphic Design
- Audio Editing & Production
- Video Editing & Production
- Digital & Traditional Illustration
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, Premier Pro, InDesign)
- Project conceptualization, development, management, and realization
- Basic Web Design (layout, HTML5 & CSS3)
- Creative Writing
- Social Media Utilization & Management
- Public Speaking & Presentation
- Customer Service
- Employee & Personnel Supervision & Management
- Conflict De-escalation & Resolution
- Radio Station Development (branding, programming, management, on-air broadcasting)